Gynecologic Health

Premier Health providers answer frequently asked questions about prevention and wellness for women.

When should I seek help if I think I have pelvic organ prolapse?

Dr. William Rush talks about seeking help for pelvic organ prolapse. Click play to watch the video or read the transcript.


Women who have signs of pelvic organ prolapse should consult a doctor as soon as the symptoms appear, according to the American Urogynecologic SocietyOff Site Icon. With consideration of the symptoms, pelvic organ prolapse can be detected through a routine physical exam, at which time treatment options can be explored, according to the AUGS.

Early detection of pelvic organ prolapse can produce positive outcomes, according to the National Association for ContinenceOff Site Icon. Proper treatment suited to a woman’s individual need can be planned once the cause of the prolapse is found, according to the NAFC. Talk to your doctor about seeking help for pelvic organ prolapse.

Learn more:

Source: Rashmi Bolinjkar, MD, Upper Valley Womens Center; Jeremy Crouch, MD, Womens Health Specialists and Midwives of Dayton; Heather Hilkowitz, MD, Hilltop Obstetrics and Gynecology; Amanda Fox, CNP, Dulan and Moore Dulan Family Wellness Center; Kathryn Lorenz, MD, Hyatt Family Care; William Rush, MD, Lifestages Samaritan Centers for Women; Jerome Yaklic, MD, Wright State Physicians Obstetrics and Gynecology; Mansi Amin, DO, SureCare Medical Center; Amy Renshaw, MD, Center for Womens Health and Wellness; J. Scott Bembry, Premier OB/GYN; L. William Rettig, III, MD,Lifestages Centers for Women; Elyse Weber, PA, Lifestages Centers for Women; Rhonda Washington, MD, Center for Womens Health and Wellness; Stacy Hudepohl, CNM, Center for Womens Health and Wellness; Larry Holland, DO, Premier Womens Center

Schedule an appointment

To schedule an appointment with a OB/GYN or midwife, call (866) 608-FIND(866) 608-FIND or complete the form below to receive a call from our scheduling department to make an appointment.