What are the differences among the different dental injuries?

A tooth fracture is what we call a chipped tooth. It can be just the enamel (the tooth’s hard outer covering) that is chipped, but it can also extend to the dentin (the hard tissue below the enamel), the pulp (the soft tissue at the tooth’s center) or even to the root of the tooth. An avulsion is when a tooth is completely removed from the socket. An intrusion is when the tooth is knocked upward into the gum. A luxation is when the tooth is displaced or dislocated. 

Learn more: